Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back again!

Well, after an 11 month hiatus, I've decided to blog again.

I guess after kid #4 left home, it seemed our life together here in the mitt was rather blah. All, I could write about was, work, church, hubby, repeat. Didn't seem all that interesting even to me. My kids' lives are WAY more interesting than what I am up to. But perhaps I can find something to share occasionally.

Lately we have been ripping up the house. I have been pressuring DH to do something about the lack of insulation under our entry way floors. When they were built, the lazy contractor couldn't be bothered to do it right. I have been freezing every year since. We finally found someone who was interested enough in the problem to actually come up with a solution.

He is the dad of a piano student. That helps.

The problem? The insulation had to be put under the floor.

The only access? Through the floor.

So, last week I spent many hours tearing up tile so the floor boards could be cut. The guy that put in the tile? He did it right. Unfortuntely for me. Here is a picture of the front entryway with the floor cut out.


We also decided, since we were in demo mode, to add insulation around the perimeter of our house, where the basement walls meet the upper part of the house. Here's a look:


My house looks like a war zone:



To be continued. . . when blogger allows me to upload more photos . . . .

3 comments:

Mari said...

Looks like quite the job. You're probably going to have to paint everything they tore up too huh? I'm proud of you for blogging! :)

Marilyn said...

CAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING??? Yay, Louise is blogging again!!! P.S. Good luck-we've lived through a remodel too-ug ug ug.

GGMA said...

Our roof is going well but very slow. We will compare notes sometime. Just look for the time when its done and warm!