Saturday, September 3, 2011

Taking pictures. . . or trying to . . .

So, friends and family, here I am again. Blogging. No guarantees on how long it will last.

I was inspired by Mari's post http://www.just-me-and-t.blogspot.com/ and thought I would try to take some photos to improve my, er, lack of ability to take decent pictures. Here's the challenge:
Sounds, fun, eh?

So I decided to start by taking some up close photos of myself yesterday. Without makeup. Without a shower. Risky. Here's the first one . .
Hmmm, not so good. Camera too high. Trying again . . . How about one of those artsy sideways shots?
Oh dear. Camera is a bit too close? Bad lighting? Backing up . .

Oh my. Am I still breathing?

Husband?


Yes?
Can I take a picture of you?

Sure.

*Sigh*

So much for that!

But, today after a shower and some much needed makeup, I tried again. With photoshop. Amazing what that program can do. Here's my headshot:

Not bad!

And here's the next challenge:

Go Cougs!

3 comments:

Mari said...

Go mom! Way to blog, I am one proud daughter.

Rebecca said...

LOVE you! You are so lovely.

Marilyn said...

YAY! The ones of Roger crack me up. I'm thinking he is sitting at the breakfast table with you in his garments....right?