Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Something Green

Hi!  I'm back.

The next picture on my list was something green.  I didn't want to go with the typical--an outdoor picture. There is plenty of green here.  At least there was . . . At any rate, I thought I would show what I had for breakfast one morning.

I have been making smoothies with fresh spinach but often had the problem of some in the bag going bad before I could eat it.  I sometimes forget I have spinach in my fridge . .

At any rate, I got the brilliant idea of using frozen, rather than fresh.  I could always have it available, it would add a nice cold splash to my warmish shake.  I hacked off a chunk and threw it in with some applesauce, carrots, celery, cucumber, flax seeds and a bit of water.  It worked great!  And I actually don't need to put in as much as I thought I would.  The applesauce adds a nice sweet taste.  I use unsweetened.  So here is my green shot:

Yummy, eh?  
I can hear my kids groaning.

So try substitute frozen spinach and see if you like it!

2 comments:

Mari said...

HAHAHA I literally was groaning when you said that. I do need to try green smoothies though. Especially now that I have a blender again.

Marilyn said...

Great idea. I love that you are blogging again....or at least trying more. ;-)