Saturday, November 17, 2007

Losin' it

I am a fairly organized person, most of the time. I usually don't forget meeting or things I'm supposed to take places. Yesterday, however, I was humbled. Roger and I went to the temple and on the way we were going to visit one of his interns. So I grabbed my temple bag, some food, some water, a book to read and we dashed out the door. We stopped about an hour later to get gas and the realization hit me--I forgot my purse. No driver's license (I had been driving), no cell phone and no temple recommend. We couldn't go back home as Roger had to see his intern. So Roger took over at the wheel and I sunk down in my seat, feeling like a dork.

Well, long story short, I did get into the temple. But it was humbling for me to see people come in (including Roger) and I couldn't go in. It felt terrible. I realized I didn't want to be on the outside looking in. I don't think I'll forget my purse again.

No comments: