Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Beautiful Day

My apologies to Paula and anyone else who REALLY wanted to know. Here is THE prom dress:

she just looks so doggone cute, doesn't she?
It is a beautiful day in Michigan. We really appreciate these kind of days because we only get about 5 of them in a year. There are certain qualifications to a beautiful day. They are:

1. Warm enough to go without a jacket, and if you feel daring, wear shorts!
2. Cool enough to wear pants, if you want to.
3. A few cotton candy clouds in a blue, blue sky
4. No bugs to bite, sting or otherwise annoy you.
5. Birds singing in the day, frogs singing at night.
6. Enough breeze to ruffle your hair, yet keep your "do" intact.
7. The smell of the cow farm down the street. (Okay, that doesn't sound all that great, but it means that my windows are opening and letting the air in!)
8. Spring green on the trees. Love that color and we only see it in the spring.
9. Happy sounds of children playing outside.
10. Daffodils

On Sunday we took a little bike ride to daffodil street. We call it this because everyone on the street has planted daffodils, and in some cases, LOTS of daffodils.



Oh, look who I found playing in the flowers!

she is just going to love seeing herself here, heheh!
These are particularly pretty. I just love daffodils.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hee hee I KNEW which dress it was but I didn't tell! She looks gorgeous. Daniel just asked someone to the prom-out of the blue-didn't tell me----I love your Michigan spring photos. Keep 'em coming....especially since I am getting depressed-on Monday it's supposed to be 100 here.....

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad she chose the blue. That one was my favorite out of the two.

I love your Spring pictures!

Anonymous said...

Blue was my favorite, too. But, then, Emily is cute no matter what she wears!

Mari said...

Those pictures are so pretty! I'm jealous of your beautiful weather.

jen said...

See...not you will be singing songs of nice weather while we are dying of heat. Gorgeous flowers!!!