Friday, April 11, 2008

Trippin' it in Utah - Continued

Part II - Shopping

While we were in Utah it was essential to find Mari a recital dress. Emily also got into the action by wanting a prom dress, since, of course, it is IMPOSSIBLE
to find a modest prom dress in Michigan. Here were our final two choices. Which one do you like best?
I'll share later which one we picked. She looked good in both, I thought.

Anyway, back to Mari. We looked and looked and looked! Nothing seemed right. We were getting desperate by Friday night--her performance was on Monday and Saturday we were supposed to go to general conference (more on that later). We ended up at Dillard's and hallelujah, everything looked good. Here is her final choice:
Emily and Mari were entranced by an apparent bubble floating in the wishing pool. They were determined to try and pop it with a penny.

Turns out the "bubble" was just a plastic cap floating in the water. It took many pennies before we figured that one out. Doh!

To be continued . . .

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hee hee. I know which one she picked but I won't tell!!! Looks like you had a blast!

Meggin said...

Ooh, I LOVE both of those dresses! I think the bow on the red one is adorable, but the blue one might be slightly more flattering. I don't think you could go wrong with either one!

jen said...

She is gorgeous. She would look good in a plastic garbage sack...but I do like the blue best. Looks like you had a blast with your girlies...just listened to Mari sing on her blog...soooo beautiful! You have got some seriously talented children Aunt Lou!

Mari said...

$XXX later... ha ha Ah yes that was fun... now that it's over. Dress shopping is stressful!

Liz said...

She is beautiful and I hope she has a great time at prom. I also thought the blue one to be more flattering.