Monday, June 29, 2009

Heavy Loads

**Anyone else having trouble with post options? My posts are not posting when I schedule them. Just wondering. **

DH and I are trying to get ready for a potential backpacking trip when we go to Utah.

I say potential because I'm not sure which may go out first -- his back or my hip.

At any rate, we are thinking positive and are beginning our training.

We decided to go early on this morning because it was expected to reach 95 degrees. Some of you may think that's a bit chilly, but when you add humidity to it, it becomes quite unbearable.

So we headed out early, the two of us, backpacks on and a smile on our faces.


Here the lovely stretch of road lies before us. This is where we live, people. It looks like this all around us. Cool, huh? It's nice to have a trail right out our front door.
It was a nice walk. But by the end I was ready to be done. You can tell by my forced smile.

4 miles, yippeee!!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

YIKES! 95 is hot in Michigan! Good luck-I'll be spending my days in the spa while in Utah.......{jk}

Rebecca said...

You go girl! I hope your hip holds up!