Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The age old question

I never thought about this as a kid.

I mean, it was always there for me, every night, without question.

I would never even imagine that it would be missing.

But this week, I feel like I want to scream every time I hear the words:

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

Lately I've been saying, "I don't know . . ."

I teach from 3-7 three days a week. If I don't plan for dinner in the morning, it is too late by 2 in the afternoon to get it started. And usually in the morning I'm trying to do something else. Then there is the problem of getting it in and out of the oven during teaching time without burning it or under cooking it.

Yes, I know about the crockpot. But after awhile, everything starts to taste the same when it is cooked in the crockpot. It gets this . . . "I've been cooking for the past 10 hours" flavor.

Some nights I resort to this:

Then I remembered that I had this!:

MMMmmmmmm. . . . . . .

Our family reluctantly tried this recently. DH was planning on a 3 day backpacking trip and needed some food to go with it. Ah, this was the perfect solution! However, once it is opened it must be eaten within 1 week. So DH portioned out his servings for backpacking, and Ems and I planned to eat it at pretty much every meal for the next week. But hey, at least I can answer that age-old question!

Pass the tums please.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Is that a #10 can of Teriyaki? Food storage at it's finest?! Have a fun week! :)