Monday, September 21, 2009

Basement Renovations

I have been itching to redo my basement. Remember the post awhile back where I was choosing tile colors? Well, early August I picked out slate and carpet for the work and now it is finally being put in. I think I watch too much HGTV.

Before they came I had to paint. I hate picking paint colors. It is such a big responsibility. Especially if I don't like it.

Anyway, I did the ceiling first. I know you can tell its different, right? hehe, I know you can't. don't lie.

Then the wall color:

Here is the stove, with a bit of the original wall color in the background.
see our woodpile outside? we are getting ready for winter.


Then . . . the tile guy came, yeah!

I picked out these decorative metal accents. Aren't they cool?


Completed, except for grout. I was drooling. Wall color looks good!

With grout in:

Next . . . carpet! Stairs took a LONG time.

Carpet man, doin' his thing.

I like the color.

Before . . .

After . . .

4 comments:

The Mink Family said...

Love Love Love!

Mari said...

Yay! That tile is amazing! I was super confused as to where the tile on the floor went but then I saw that it was just covered by a piece of carpet, right? Can't wait to see everything finished!

Marilyn said...

It looks great! I'm ready for a makeover but no money!

GGMA said...

What a great room. All I can remember are stenciled leaves on the wall.