Saturday, September 19, 2009

Chicagoland

Shortly after we arrived home from our western trip, DH and I took a trip to Chicago.

It was great fun.

We took the train, a new experience for me. I really liked it. I like keeping my body close to the earth.

I don't know why we feel we need to tip our heads back when we take a picture.

Here is Union Station--huge and very cool. We ate lunch there.
We stayed in a hotel right in the downtown area. When I saw our room, I didn't want to leave! It was tiny, but oh so gorgeous.

And the bathroom! The shower was heavenly.

While in Chicago you must eat pizza. So we did. Based on the advice of friends who had just been there, we ordered a small one. We still couldn't eat it all.


The next day we left our hotel and went out on a little adventure. We decided to go to the museum. Here we are on our way, with Chicago in the background.

The museum was featuring pirates. Arrgh!

I decided to get acquainted. He was nice enough, but not very talkative.

This guy greeted us as we walked in the door. I am glad they're extinct.


It was a fun trip. Made me smile.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're so pretty! I'm glad that you had a great trip. It looks like a lot of fun and something I'd like to do one day!

Marilyn said...

NOW I know what you have been doing for the last 2 months! JK. How's the grandchild watch coming? I hope you will up date us all when you arrive in the West again!