Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas day!

This Christmas has been about the best ever. I can't think of any gift more precious than having my family home with me. We know that we won't be together again for at least two more years, so it has been a tender time for us.

My boys had quite the experience getting home. They were stuck in Minneapolis for 7 hours waiting for a flight. They were supposed to arrive around 6:30 pm and didn't actually come until 10 pm. After getting luggage and driving home it was nearly 1 am before we saw them. Christmas Eve was a day of waiting, waiting, waiting. Apparently the plane wasn't ready, then the crew wasn't there, then the captain wasn't there. When they finally got in the air the captain decided to make amends for the long wait by giving free vodka to everyone. Hmmm, what a treat.

Here are the kids choo chooing down the stairs:



Some random photos of gift opening:










We finished off the day with a big dinner:



2 comments:

Marilyn said...

hi again-LOVE austin's glasses-can i get some like it in bifocal????love the decor-what I could see-love the red! you need to do a posting on your house so we can see it.....

jen said...

Hi Aunt Lou!
I've been lurking away reading your blog & LOVE it! It is so fun to get to know you & your family in this way. AND I LOVE seeing where you live! It is GORGEOUS! The post of your house made me want to visit. Someday....when I'm not doing the baby thing....
luv ya lots!!
Jen
P.S. One of my new years resolutions is to blog too! I just set it up, but haven't posted yet, but if you want to check me out I'll be at www.storyofanordinarylife.blogspot.com :) Happy New Year!!!