Friday, March 13, 2009

Escape

DH and I are getting a little R&R.

We are "up north" in Traverse City. It is DH's spring break. Most people go south for spring break. They want to get away from the bitter cold and soak in the sun.

Not us. We are hardy folk. We go where it is COLDER.

Traverse City is one of my favorite places. And during the off season it is lovely here. And cheap! Another one of my favorite things.

Here is the hotel/condo we are staying it. Notice the lack of cars in the parking lot.


Here's me by our car in the empty parking lot. Notice the salt residue on the car? Notice my coat? Notice that I am shivering?

Here's the view from our room. That's the lake out there. No need to worry about anyone peaking into our room. The beach is devoid of any human life.

Our room is nice. Here's what we had for dinner. Well, the boxes that dinner was in anyway. It was yummy mexican food. It reminded me all night how spicy it was.


This is my favorite part of the room. I have spent hours in there.

This sign says that there is a maximum capacity of 45 bathers in the pool. Don't think that will be a problem today!

We went to the boardwalk for a stroll.

Cross country skiing here is fantastic. We have been skiing everyday. So much so that my legs barely work (hence the hours in the hot tub).

We will be here for another two days. It is a great place!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great. We always like to travel north off season as well. We went to Maine, Rhode Island, Boston and Connecticut all off season. We especially love how uncrowded it is!

The Mink Family said...

There's still snow up there? Have a great time!!

Mari said...

That looks very... cold. But nice that it's not crowded! Hope you're havin fun!