Monday, February 18, 2008

Entombed in Ice

Ok, I know I've been a blogging slacker.

I have been a slacker in everything this week. I think I have cabin fever. I have been in my house SO MUCH!!! I WANT OUT!

Here's what we woke up to yesterday
And this

Check out the suet feeder. Poor birds! They don't seem to mind the ice much.

those droplets you see are freezing rain. Cool, huh? NOT!

So, the end result is that we had no church yesterday, no school today. Ems still hasn't had a full week of school since Christmas break. She is loving it. She won't be so happy when summer comes and she is still in school.

I did a happy little ice dance on my driveway today (unintentionally). It is 3 inches deep in ice all from one end to the other. Walk at your own risk! I'm supposed to teach piano at my home today but I had visions of cars off the driveway and many many tow trucks visiting my house. So I'm off to teach at the studio instead. I'll risk my life driving down the driveway, but no one else's. And it is supposed to be cold all week! I'm praying for an early thaw.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad that I can go outside today with my short sleeve shirt and tennis shoes. No snow boots for me!! I hope you thaw out soon!

Marilyn said...

glad to see you back...i miss you..how is the closet coming? sorry it is so cold--but when it gets warm your way that means it's hot MY way!

Rebecca said...

holy cow!

jen said...

We actually took a road trip today to see this kinda stuff! Hang in there. You'll be doing a REAL happy dance come summertime. :)

Rebecca said...

A friend of mine passed this along, her version was about Illinois. It made me think of you, so I took liberty to make it fit the mitt:

Winter

It's winter in Michigan
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Michigan
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Michigan
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!
--Author unknown--
(because the Author Froze to Death, so they never got his/her name)