Friday, February 8, 2008

Learning something new

Well . . . do you like my new header???

I did it all by myself.

Nobody helped me.

Pretty impressive, oui? (thank you, thank you) (and, yes, that is a picture from our front yard)

Today I have a fairly simple day. DH and I are planning to go cross country skiing. Gotta take advantage of all that lovely snow before the next thaw. Missionaries are coming over for dinner, and brownies are in the oven! (I will not be tempted, ha!!)

This morning I worked with my trainer again. Alas, yesterday I had a day of rest because of the weather. My muscles were grateful for that. Today wasn't AS bad. I think she realized, after her class with my husband, that it was a little too intense for a middle-aged lady.

Tomorrow is a stake dance (which I am in charge of) and unit conferences on Sunday in Midland. Em and I are spending the night rather than go back and forth. And of course, more snow is on the way for Saturday.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend! I am enjoying the blogs--too, too fun!

7 comments:

Erika said...

I do love the header. How did you do that? I'd like to change mine too.

LHammer said...

My sister told me about blogging basics 101 - do a google search and it should come up.

I cropped the picture and resized it, then worked on it in Paint. You can use other software, like photoshop, if you have it.

Marilyn said...

MY BABY SIS! IT'S BEAUTIFUL! I love it-even more than that-I love that the photo came from your very own yard....I'm so impressed. Now I have to figure out how to do one for me! What a woman you are-have fun skiing......

Rebecca said...

I love your header too! What a picture. Kind of makes me want to move to MI just for the cool photo opps... then I'd live close enough for Rog to come dig me out of my yard! Oh, the possibilities!

jen said...

EXCELLENT HEADER!!! I absolutely LOVE the picture! Great job aunt lou! I'm DYING to be taking pictures there with all that snow & ice...fun, fun, fun!!

Mari said...

Your header is beautiful!! So so pretty. Way to go momma.

Anonymous said...

I love the header and I am tres impressed! I tend to bumble my way through all aspects of technology, so I am envious, too, but also inspired to figure out how to change my header...one of these days!

Also, when I make brownies for the missionaries I have a little nibble and then send the rest home with them. It's way easier on the will power NOT to have them sitting around!