Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lingo

I love my husband. Dearly. Everlastingly. (Doesn't he looks good in a wetsuit?)

Over the years I have gotten used to his habits, as I hope he has gotten used to mine, both the good and the bad.

Lately, well, over the last few years or so, DH has become creative with language. Now if you know our family intimately, you will know that we tend to make up words. Interesting words. For people, things, places, you name it.

So, I was not all that surprised to hear DH start to lop off the ends of his words. Like, “Pass the sal” (salad) or “I’m going to work on the trac” (tractor). Time to water the bons” (bonsai plants). Most of the time I get it. I have to think a bit, but I usually get it.

Sometimes, lopping off words can get you into trouble. Like when you forget that normal people don’t do that and you start talking that way in public. Or when a lopped off word turns into something else you didn’t intend. Something way nastier than you would ever say!

It’s contagious too. I’m typing on my com, thinking about what to make for din tonight, and watching the weekly bliz. I'll wri mor lat.

3 comments:

jen said...

HAHAHA, now I'm dying to know WHAT it was that you said!! LOL!

Marilyn said...

ok ok spill the beans, what was the bad stuff????? jk....Are you covered with snow yet????

Rebecca said...

Do tell!!

Rog sure does look spiffy in his wet suit.