Saturday, March 22, 2008

The next big project

Okay, okay, I know you are all just dying to know what I have done to my house this time!! Right??? Yes???

You see, I have this bad habit of doing major things to my house when my husband is away. When he comes home he isn't sure if he is in the right house. That's what I did when I painted the living room last time.I like this paint job. I really do. I didn't intend for the base color to be purple (it was supposed to be pewter). I used a feather duster in two different colors and the effect was pretty cool--people thought it was wallpaper.
But, well . . . I get bored after awhile. It's like the 7 year itch. I have to change my surroundings. So when I painted the kitchen, well, it just didn't go with my living room.

This time I didn't wait for DH to leave. I started by recovering the lovely sofa he made for me--using some of the same fabrics from the kitchen project. I just love the striped fabric. (Those are Austin's legos under the bench--for the siblings of my piano students--not for me, LOL!)
I picked the tan color from the stripes and put a light tan on the top wall, and a darker on the bottom. Then I added the chair rail. And let me tell you, it is not easy putting up a 12 foot chair rail by yourself! (it looks a little crooked in this picture, but it really isn't, really!!)
I like the way it looks with dad's painting. It's not hung yet, but the colors look nice together.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Hey mom, it looks great! Those pillows are awesome, and I love the color on the walls. I can't wait to get a house of my own with walls to paint!

Rebecca said...

I love your projects!

Austin said...

My Legos!