Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Drip, Drip, Drip

My appliance woes continue, much to my chagrin.

My dishwasher has been leaking for a few weeks. It started with a couple of drips that I mistakenly thought had fallen from the counter top. When the puddle got large enough to create a splash when I stepped in it, I realized that something was not quite right.

So, I called the appliance guy again. The same guy that told me it wasn't worth it to fix the microwave. I already knew it was $65 just to get him to my house, but I really felt this was fixable. So a week later out he came, and informed me that my gasket around the door needed replacing and that I was using too much detergent (make a mental note, girls, you only need 1/4 of the detergent you think!). So he ordered a gasket for me, showed me how to put in it and said I should be fine.

I am fine today. But my dishwasher is leaking again. Friends, this is serious business for me. I hand washed dishes for 20 years before I got that dishwasher. I'm desperate. I CANNOT GO BACK TO DISHPAN HANDS!! So, I just keep using it and stuff a towel underneath to catch the drips.

I don't want to call that guy again. He might charge me $20 just for phone advice. Suggestions, anyone?

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Call him. The problem didn't get fixed the first time. He may or may not charge you for the visit but is it worth not having dishpan hands, or a ruined floor from the water? mmmmm...probably.