Sunday, February 15, 2009

In the heat of the moment

I really don't want you to get the wrong idea about me, friends.

In one of my last posts I referred to the term "expletives". And that fact that I used them. Repeatedly.

I just want to make it clear that I am not a swearer. When I was a little girl, about 8 years old, I remember being angry at someone. I think it was my mother (sorry mommy!!) I was so angry I went out on the lawn and started kicking grass. Well, as best I could. I think we had the kind of grass that never required mowing, it grew very slowly. Maybe it was the intense Arizona heat.

ANYWAY . . .

I was mad. Mad, mad, mad. And in that heat of the moment that only an 8 year old can feel, I said a bad word. It wasn't the worst of the bad words, but bad enough.

I know. Shocking, isn't it?

Well, seconds later, I felt bad. REALLY bad. Guilty. Sad. Ashamed. I couldn't believe I would ever be mad enough to say that word, let alone think it. I prayed and promised I would NEVER do that again.

E V E R.

And I have been pretty good about that promise.

So, let me reassure you that the extent of my expletives is usually "dang", "fetch" " or my favorite "dagnabit". LOVE that one!

Notice I said usually. Hey, nobody's perfect!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I LOVE that you are posting so much! my kids say "friggin" all the time and I HATE it, mostly because of the word it represents.

Mari said...

Ah yes, I can attest to that. My mother dear is not a swearer.