Monday, July 21, 2008

Bargain Hunting

I have a love/hate relationship with shopping.

I don't like crowds of people, all fighting over merchandise.

I don't like things displayed all crunched up so you have to use extreme force to push things aside.

I don't like trying on many clothes and not being happy with how anything looks.

I like easily understandable markdowns.

I like getting good deals.

I like wearing clothes that were originally $100 and I only paid $10 for them. (Ok, I haven't bought many articles that were that much to begin with, but you know what I mean.)

So, with all these things in mind, Em and I headed out last Thursday with our Kohl's and JCPenney's coupon and went to the "presale". Don't you love those ads. . ."For our SPECIAL customers you can come early to the PRESALE." Like other people don't know about that--the whole town knows!

Anyway, back to shopping. Both Em and I had a directive that we were not going to pay full price for a single thing. In fact, we wanted to pay a lot less than full price. So we skipped the racks in the front of the store and went directly to the clearance rack. Em came out empty handed and headed to the shoes. I found a $38 shirt marked down to $3.80. It was cute. So the hunt began!

We tried on clothes, laughed at each other's outfits and came away from both stores paying just under $60 for 9 items. Not bad, eh? Here's our booty:


The deal of the day? A pair of red jeans for $3.15, regularly $40. Now she just has to be bold enough to wear them outside!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Yay! I like seeing your booty! Good job. And those pillows on the couch are soooo cute! You need to post a tutorial on how to make them so I can do it.

Rebecca said...

See, I need people like you to shop with. I NEVER find deals!

Anonymous said...

awesome! good hunting and gathering!

Marilyn said...

fuuuuunnnn. I wish you and em had been with us during our university mall experience..we hit the motherload at Vanity-cute-modest-reasonable prices.