Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pedalling, pedalling. . .

DH and I decided today, in our quest to stay fit, to go on a bike ride. A loooonnggg bike ride. We are intending this fall to take a bike trip. I don't know what kind or how long. We haven't gotten to those particulars yet. But we have always wanted to ride our bikes over several days, stay in a nice, clean motel (my idea), eat at restaurants along the way (my idea), take long leisurely baths at the motel (my idea) and enjoy the scenery as we pedal, pedal (our idea).

So today, fresh back from a trip visiting interns where we spent hours in the car driving, it seemed like the right thing to do to take a long ride using leg power. I have been riding my bike for quite some time. About 8-10 miles on average, 3 times a week. This time we wanted to do 25 miles. We knew it would take several hours. But that's ok. I like riding with DH. He makes me go faster. So here we are just before we left. Lovely day, isn't it?




Sorry about cutting off DH's head. I do have another picture of us but it isn't very flattering of my nostrils.


Caught him by surprise! Don't leave without me! My bike is still in the truck! Uh, wait, he's on my bike. His bike is in the truck!


Does this bike make me look fat?

So we were off. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the actual ride, because I couldn't figure out how to fit the camera in my fanny pack. We saw little lakes and small streams and lots of fields. It was very beautiful. I wish you could have been there.

So, 26 miles later (yes, we had 1 bonus mile), here I am:




Here's DH and me:


DH looks like he needs his tonsils checked!

The good news: I can still walk! I'm not sure about tomorrow though. The bad news: I can't sit. I'm off for a nice, leisurely, soak in the tub.

3 comments:

Mari said...

Ha ha ha! Good blog. And way to ride 26 miles, that's a marathon. I'm glad you got dad to play along in the pictures, heh heh.

Marilyn said...

You go girl! I would love to ride a bike but I am afraid of the cars in the city....ug...so I pedal away at the gym...boooorrrrinnnng.

Rebecca said...

holy cow! You're my hero