Monday, July 14, 2008

Girl's camp is over and my summer begins

I am back from girl's camp, wow!

So much of my summer is spent preparing for youth conference and camp that it is hard for me to think beyond those two events. Now I am back, I have no pressing matters of business except piano once a week, and I'm not sure what to do with myself!

Camp was great. I have faith in the next generation based on the attitudes and behaviors of these girls. We didn't have any serious issues or problems. Only a few little spats in cabins, but those were easily dealt with. Our youth camp leaders were awesome. The biggest problem was the mosquitoes. Boy, were they vicious! Here's my leg to prove it:


One of those marks is from opening the car door across my calf. The rest are mosquito bites. And that is only one part of my leg!

I was walking bug bait. One night I was stationed in the woods for our night hike. I sprayed myself from head to toe, but still managed to get bit. After a while I was doing a little spasm dance trying to keep them off me. I told DH when I got home that I wasn't going to go outside for 3 days.

Other than bugs, the weather was near perfect, the women were fun to be with, and as a result I came home and slept for 3 hours. Still not completely recovered yet, but getting there! Have a great day everyone!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Ouch! Well I'm glad you made it home safe. And I like the purple blog!