Friday, January 18, 2008

The Dog Days of January


I woke up this morning and realized, "I live in a boring town". Now I am sure that you have all thought that at one time or another about my little piece of heaven, but for me it was a sudden thought, like a bolt of lightening. Even the dog is bored.

For example, I got up this week, looked out the window and said, "Hmm, it's snowing." Next day, "Hmm, it's snowing." Next day, "Hmm, snowing again." Today, though it was "Hmmm, snowing and windy."

What is there to do in a small town in the dead of winter? We do enjoy some winter sports, the ones that don't drain our pocketbook. X-country skiing has been pretty good, until my boot created a blister on my heel that took a week to heal. Plus, how fun is skiing when it is 8 degrees outside?

So I content myself with the inner workings of my home. I try not to watch TV. I have read almost all the works of Narnia. Why didn't I know about those when I was a kid? I have been blogging more than ever. Computers can make life much more enjoyable when there is nothing better to do.

And please don't think that I must not be busy enough. Au contraire!! I have A MILLION things that need to be done. I just don't want to do them today. Maybe later. Maybe in February.

2 comments:

jen said...

See our lives our reversed...we feel how you feel in the summertime when it is HOT HOT HOT!!! Right now we love our sunny, cool days. Rob & Luke are actually out on a little hike right now. What we need is to visit you in summer & have you visit us in winter!! Ahhh, if $$ were no object how grand it would be! :)

Marilyn said...

Hey-what about that "after" photo-I'm dying to see it...