Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Say Cheese!

This Christmas we decided that we were going to splurge and get a family portrait taken at a REAL studio, not Wal-mart or JC Penney. The last time we went to Wal-Mart the photographer tried really hard to get all 6 of us to fit into a studio meant for a 6 month old. As a result, the pictures were close ups of us from the neck up. We looked like floating heads. Half of Ad's head was cut off in every picture.

So, deciding to spend the equivalent of a round trip ticket to the Orient, we went with all the family over Christmas break, dressed in our matching blues (I won't tell you how many days it took for us to decide to wear that!) and had some pictures taken.

It's been so long for me--of course I was thinking that I could take the proofs home and copy them to get what I wanted. Ha! The photographic industry is way ahead of me. We got a sample booklet of grainy photos to look at (they don't scan well), a CD with the pictures on them (can't copy those!) and a website (those were interesting, in one we looked like we all had the same left eye, can't print those off).


Then comes the fun part--which ones to choose? Ok, we can't pick the one with me on the end because it makes me look fat. E's hair is messy in a few, can't pick those. Ad looks like he is drugged in another, that won't do. And, dad, well as Ad puts it "looks evil in that picture, mom!"

And what's with the leaning they ask you to do? In one we look like we are ready to leap out of our seats, or struggling to stand during an earthquake.

Well, I still haven't figured out which ones to choose, but there are some that are outstanding. Yep, that' s a good one.

Maybe next time I'll just fly Jen out--are you up for it Jen?

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Wow-awesome photos! Our last family portrait was a loser! I am sad because we can't have another in over a year....sniff.. sniff... good luck picking! love ya!
P.S. Looks like ol' Mitt is winning your state so far-good job....

jen said...

Heck yes!!! LOL! Although, truly these really look fantastic! Your family is TOO gorgeous! We SOOOOOO need some nice family pics. I am familiar with the photography industry (of course!) & so I've been preparing Rob for the $$$$ shock....it really does cost A LOT to get nice pictures these days.

Rebecca said...

What a hot looking couple! Whooot Whoooo!!! I miss you guys!!

~Becky