Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Did you know . . .

That it is 10:37 pm in Taiwan at this exact moment?

Precisely 12 hours ahead of my time zone.

It is also 81 degrees with passing clouds and humidity of 74% percent, for you weather fans. A bit warm for late in the evening.

Elder H arrived in Taipei approximately 3 hours ago. Just in time to go to bed. I think he'll need it after a 17 hour flight.

He called yesterday. It was a bittersweet experience. He is very focused and very excited about the next 21 months. He spoke in Mandarin to us and it sounded like a mumbled mess. I don't know how he does it. All I have to say is:

YOU GO ELDER!

love, mom

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Oh....I'm glad you got to talk to him. Waiting for that first letter is always stressful. Keep us posted. Hang in there mom!