Monday, September 22, 2008

A Mini Vacation

Every fall we attend a conference in Traverse City, which is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to visit. There are beaches, shopping, bike trails, good food, nice places to stay . . . I could go on and on. Usually DH and I go by ourselves, but because he had already been gone so long we decided to take Ems with us. Here is one place we stayed:

We also stayed at Great Wolf Lodge.

What a neat place for kids! I highly recommend it, if you can find one in your area. We felt a wee bit old there, but once we rode down a few waterslides, we got over it. There is a huge bucket that fills up and tips over every 5 minutes.

Fun, fun.

DH and I went for a walk along the beach.
The water wasn't too cold. I think I could have gone swimming, actually.
Ducks were EVERYWHERE. Not the least bit shy around humans
While we were strolling on the beach, Ems was . . . .
The next day we took a drive to the lighthouse.

I always look for opportunities to try my hand at a few senior pictures of Ems, so here are a few. She got her hair cut a few weeks ago, isn't it cute?



4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Em is so beautiful.

Fun looking mini vacation!

It was so great to see Rog a few weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

VERY cute haircut! And looks like a fun vacation.

Mari said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I've actually heard of great wolf lodge. There is on in Washington.

And what the old!! Emily looks way too mature in those pictures, I can't believe it. I think she looks older than I do.

Marilyn said...

SHE'S A SENIOR????? Oh my-I just aged 10 years.....she's gorgeous.